Most Active Stories
- Canadian blues singer Rita Chiarelli joins us in-studio, Wednesday afternoon (4/23)
- One Day Festival Fund Drive...Win a Pagosa Folk'n Bluegrass VIP Package!
- St. Paul & The Broken Bones, Half The City, feature CD, 4/18
- Blue Highway, The Game, feature CD, 4/11
- Made In The USA: Childless Chinese Turn To American Surrogates
SXSW: Live From Austin
Thu March 21, 2013
Telekinesis: NPR Front Row
Originally published on Thu April 4, 2013 2:14 pm
You don't often see drums set up right near the lip of a stage, but not every band has a drummer as its focal point. Michael Benjamin Lerner formed Telekinesis by himself, and he plays most of the instruments on his records. But live at The Parish during South by Southwest in Austin, Texas, Lerner had a talented band that included Rebecca Cole from Wild Flag on keyboards, Erik Walters from The Globes on guitar and Eric Elbogen from Say Hi on bass.
Together, they performed "Ghosts and Creatures," a song from Telekinesis' new album, Dormarion. The Parish is one of the best-sounding venues in Austin, which made it that much easier for the group to convert a room full of curious music lovers into Telekinesis fans.
Producers: Saidah Blount, Bob Boilen, Mito Habe-Evans, Amy Schriefer; Assistant Producer/Editor: Denise DeBelius; Audio: Suraya Mohamed; Videographers: Christopher Farber, A.J. Wilhelm; Special Thanks to: South By Southwest, Merge Records; Executive Producers: Anya Grundmann, Keith Jenkins