Most Active Stories
- Canadian blues singer Rita Chiarelli joins us in-studio, Wednesday afternoon (4/23)
- One Day Festival Fund Drive...Win a Pagosa Folk'n Bluegrass VIP Package!
- The String Cheese Incident, Song In My Head, feature CD 4/25
- St. Paul & The Broken Bones, Half The City, feature CD, 4/18
- Blue Highway, The Game, feature CD, 4/11
All Songs Considered
Tue October 8, 2013
New Mix: Of Montreal, Gem Club, Perera Elsewhere, More
It's been a dreary, rainy week in D.C. On this episode of All Songs Considered, hosts Bob Boilen and Robin Hilton are a little stir crazy after being stuck inside during the storms. But, with thunder rolling in the background, Robin kicks things off with an ethereal cut from the Berlin-based trip-hop artist Perera Elsewhere that perfectly captures the mood.
Meanwhile, Bob, who's still picking confetti out of his clothes following a recent Flaming Lips show, shares new music from his latest obsession: the mesmerizing, Boston-based duo Gem Club.
Later, Bob and Robin are joined by NPR Music's Saidah Blount and Otis Hart who introduce us to 21st century gospel doo-wop from Mapei and the Australian rapper Remi.
Also on the show: The psychedelic rock group Of Montreal channels vintage Rolling Stones on a new song called "Fugitive Air," and the sultry sounds of New York City-based singer Tati Ana.